William Hill Mobile House Rules
Rules for All Sports
GENERAL BETTING RULES
1. EVENTS ON WHICH BETS ARE ACCEPTED
We only accept bets on approved sporting events, numbers betting or special events as listed in these House Rules or where the bet has been agreed and authorized by the William Hill Trading Department. Any bets accepted in error and not so authorized or covered will be declared void.
2. MAXIMUM WINNINGS
The maximum winnings categories listed below apply to bets placed online. The maximum winnings categories are in U.S. Dollars. A bet is accepted on the basis that it is the investment of one customer only and the following are the maximum amounts that can be won (excluding stake) by a customer in one day's betting regardless of stake.
Where bets have been placed on different days, the maximum amount that can be won in one day's betting is determined by the day on which the final event on each bet is resolved, rather than the day on which each individual bet is placed.
Where selections taken from the different categories listed below are combined in multiple or accumulative bets, the lowest maximum winnings limit will apply.
SPORT MAXIMUM PAYOUT
- Football - $2 Million
- Baseball - $1 Million
- Basketball - $1 Million
- Hockey - $1 Million
- Soccer - $500k
- Boxing - $250k
- Golf - $250k
- Tennis - $250k
- UFC/MMA - $250k
- Other Sports - $25k
- Novelty/Specials - $10k
3. NON-RUNNERS / NON-PARTICIPANTS AND VOID SELECTIONS
When a selection is made void or does not run, then in single bets the stake will be returned. In accumulative bets the stake will run on to the remaining selection(s) with a two-leg parlay becoming a straight, a three-leg parlay becoming a two-leg parlay and so on. Unless a specific reference is made in the individual section that covers the sport, abandoned or postponed events are void. However, bets in markets that have already been resolved at the time of abandonment, such as 'first touchdown scorer' etc. will stand.
4. DEAD HEATS
In a DEAD HEAT the stake money on a selection is divided by the number of runners or competitors involved in the dead heat. The full odds are then paid to the divided stake, with the remainder of the stake money being lost.
5. RELATED CONTINGENCIES
Accumulative/multiple bets are not accepted where the outcome of one part of the bet contributes to the outcome of another. If taken in error, the stake will be invested on the selection with the largest price. Where two or more selections are quoted at the largest price, the stake will be divided equally between them. However, where the related parts of the bet are resolved at different times, unless 'special double' or 'special accumulative' odds are available, bets will be settled as instructed with the odds for the second or subsequent legs being determined at each individual stage.
6. SPORTS GOVERNING BODIES
It is a condition of our acceptance of bets from you that, and by offering to place a bet with us, you represent that:
a. You are not prohibited from entering into the bet by any term of your contract of employment or other professional contract or any rule of a Sports Governing Body, which applies to you.
b. You are not aware of any circumstance which would make the placing of the bet a breach of a rule on betting applied by a Sports Governing Body.
c. Where the bet is placed on the outcome of a race, competition or other event or process or on the likelihood of anything occurring you do not know the outcome of the event or have not been involved in events which adversely affected the potential outcome.
d. In the event of any such representation by you proving to be false your stake will be forfeited and we shall not be obliged to pay any winnings which might otherwise have been payable in respect of the bet.
e. We have a memorandum of understanding with Sports Governing Bodies where we will share information with them where there is suspicious betting, or where we identify bets that have not been placed in accordance with our rules for Sports Governing Bodies.
7. DATA SUPPLIED BY A THIRD PARTY
Please be aware that data such as current scores, time elapsed etc. that is displayed on our site or on our text screens is sourced from a 'live feed' provided by a third party and may be subject to time delay and/or be inaccurate. If you rely on this data to place bets, you do so entirely at your own risk and William Hill accept no responsibility for any loss (direct or indirect) suffered by you as a result of your reliance on it.
We reserve the right to withhold payment or void any bet(s) if we have any reasonable suspicion and/or evidence that the prices or the pool have been manipulated or where a race, event or match has been rigged and this reasonable suspicion and/or evidence has caused us to report the match to the proper regulatory authorities. Evidence of the above may be based on the size, volume or pattern of bets placed with William Hill across any or all our betting channels.
9. TIME OF ACCEPTANCE
If betting InPlay is available, bets will stand and be settled at the current InPlay price at the time the bet was struck. Where betting InPlay is not available, any bet that is inadvertently accepted after this time will be void, unless we are satisfied that the bet was placed before the actual start of the event, except in the following circumstances: on a Golf event up to 15 minutes after the start time; a Soccer match up to 15 minutes after the start time, provided there has been no goals scored or players sent off and any of the following sports events up to 5 minutes after the start time: Football; Baseball; Basketball; Cricket; Cycling; Darts; Ice Hockey; Rugby; Tennis.
10. INPLAY BET ACCEPTANCE
For the purposes of security and integrity, InPlay bets (meaning events that have already started) are subject to an automated time delay prior to acceptance.
Prior to clicking "place bet," if the price changes on a selection, the price will update automatically in your bet slip. After clicking place bet, if there is a minor price change resulting in a higher payout on a selection, the bet will be accepted at the new price. If the price changes by more than 5%, the bet will not be placed and it will be re-offered in the bet slip at the new price. A bet will never be placed at worse odds if the point spread, total or any additional market sees an adjustment to the line. Price change thresholds are subject to review and change with regulatory approval.
A betting market may be suspended when something of significance occurs or is likely to occur (ex: goal, touchdown, ejection, etc). Betting markets may also be suspended due to the time elapsed in the match, the market becoming uncompetitive or for technical reasons. The above examples are not exhaustive and there may be other reasons that are not listed. While a market is suspended, bets cannot be placed and cashout may not be available.
11. OBVIOUS PRICE OR TERMS ERRORS
We do all that we can to avoid errors, however we cannot accept responsibility for obvious errors, also referred to as palpable errors, or omissions in respect of the announcing, publishing or marking of prices, spreads, or results that occur despite our every effort to ensure total accuracy.
- A non–exhaustive list of “obvious errors” is as follows:
- the prices/terms offered are materially different from those available in the general market at the time the bet was placed;
- the prices/terms offered at the time the bet is placed are clearly incorrect given the probability of the event occurring;
- odds or terms of a bet have been misquoted as a result of human or system error;
- where we have continued to accept bets on a game which should have been suspended, including where the relevant event is in progress or had already finished;
- where an error is made by us as to the amount of winnings/returns that are paid to you, including as a result of a manual or computer input error.
- where markets are created and graded for an event or matchup that does not take place
- We reserve the right to correct any obvious error made on a bet placed in one of our betting InPlay markets and settle at the correct price or terms, which were actually available with William Hill (absent the obvious error) at the time the bet was struck.
- When a bet is placed on a market offered before an event has started and more advantageous odds or terms than those actually available with William Hill are applied, we will either settle the bet at the correct price or terms available with William Hill.
Where the incorrect odds or terms are less advantageous than those available with William Hill, the odds or terms will be amended to the correct odds or terms available.
Example: William Hill briefly displayed live odds of New York Rangers -500 | Draw +400 | Philadelphia Flyers +300 with the live score Flyers 3, Rangers 1. You placed a bet on the Philadelphia Flyers to win the game at +300. Could my bet be overturned at this price?
Yes, because the odds for both teams could be transposed. If this was an obvious error because the odds are materially different from that available in the general market and are clearly incorrect given the probability of each team winning the game, this bet could be void.
Cashout gives the opportunity to settle a bet at the value displayed before the market is resulted on mobile.
- Cashout is available for a range of markets both Pregame and InPlay if the bet is still running and betting is still available on every unsettled selection. If a parlay bet is made up of both Pregame and InPlay markets, cash out will apply to each applicable leg.
- Example: for a match goals over/under parlay placed live in Arsenal v Liverpool and before play in Chelsea v Stoke, cashout WILL be available during play in Arsenal v Liverpool and before play in Chelsea v Stoke. Cashout WILL NOT be available during play in Chelsea v Stoke.
- Cashout is available on selected markets if the bet is still running and betting is still available on every unsettled selection for all bet types, including parlays, teasers, round robins, etc.
- Bets can be cashed out when the cashout value indicates as such.
- Cashout can be accessed in the open bets tab. A pre-determined settlement value will be offered based upon the selections, prices taken and current status of the betting transaction.
- A $5 parlay is placed on West Ham, Everton, and Tottenham.
- West Ham and Everton both win their matches and Tottenham is due to kickoff next.
- A cashout settlement value will be offered on completion of the West Ham and Everton matches, before kickoff and during play of the Tottenham match providing betting is still available. The cash settlement can be redeemed immediately
- The cashout settlement value is non-negotiable.
- Bets will be capped at the maximum cash in settlement value of $25,000.
- If the cash in my bet settlement value changes during a settlement transaction, the transaction will not complete and a revised settlement value will be offered, which will have to be accepted before proceeding.
- Where an obvious pricing error, also referred to as a palpable error, occurs that selection may not be cashed out.
- If the cashout settlement value has been accepted in error, the cashout transaction will be made void and the bet will be settled on the original bet instructions with the correct price(s) applied.
- If subsequent attempts are made to place bets and cashout on the same market(s) before the obvious error has been corrected then, the cashout settlement value and the bet stake(s) will be made void.
- Cashout is an automated facility and is subject to the availability of betting. Therefore, if betting is not available on any market with the given bet, a cashout settlement will not be offered.
- Cashout may be affected if your bet triggers a promotion. See individual promotional terms for details.
A teaser consists of 2-to-8 Football or Basketball events parlayed together with adjusted spreads and/or totals with special odds applied. Odds are calculated by a table (link to table here, but copied below).
- If a teaser wager is reduced to one live leg (due to a push, void, etc), a wager with a winning selection will be paid out at -260 odds.
- Teasers can only be placed on main, full-game spread and total markets.
- For cross-sport teasers, the lowest odds are applied.
Pro + College Basketball
1 (for settlement only)
14. FREE BETS
- A “Free Bet(s)” is a promotional non-cashable bonus offered by William Hill to qualified patrons (“Free Bet(s)”).
- Free Bets can only be spent on sports wagers as specified by promotional Terms and Conditions and are subject to our Standard Promotional Terms and Conditions.
- Free Bets can be viewed under the “Bonus Activity” menu in Account Settings.
- Free Bets have no cash value and may not be redeemed for cash or William Hill account credit.
- Free Bets are non-refundable, and may not be exchanged, substituted or transferred.
- Free Bet stake is not included in any winnings from a redeemed Free Bet.
- Free Bets cannot be redeemed on wagers that would split a Free Bet between multiple results including, but not limited to round robins, full covers, and/or certain specialty wagers.
- Wagers placed with Free Bets that are canceled, voided, or graded “tie” do not automatically result in any Free Bet being returned to a patron’s account. William Hill, in its sole discretion, may choose to refund such Free Bets. In the event that a Free Bet bonus is refunded due to a wager placed with a Free Bet being canceled, voided, or graded tie, the Free Bet will be re-added to a patron’s account within 5 business days. Refunded Free Bet bonuses expire within 7 days of the time they are refunded unless otherwise specified by Terms and Conditions.
- The Estimated Return on the Bet Slip indicates the expected amount a winning Free Bet will return.
- A Free Bet bonus cannot be partially redeemed. If you attempt to place a wager for lesser total stake than the value of your free bet token, you will not receive any further free bet tokens.
- Free Bets are valid for 7 days unless otherwise specified in the Bonus' details in the 'My Account' section of a patron’s William Hill Account. If Free Bets are not used within their expiration date, they will automatically expire and be removed from a patron’s William Hill Account.
- Free Bets cannot be redeemed or used for any William Hill product other than eligible sports wagers.
- Use of a Free Bet(s) does not count toward the minimum wagering requirements of any promotion. Only wagers placed with real money are counted toward the wagering requirements of any promotion.
- William Hill may, at its discretion, limit the maximum number of individual Free Bets and/or the maximum combined value of Free Bets a patron may simultaneously have active at any time.
15. PATRON COMPLAINTS
- Patrons will contact William Hill Customer Support via phone, email, and live chat.
- We will try and resolve any complaint that we receive using the tools, training, and internal escalation process that we have available.
- We may take up to 72 hours to respond to a complaint.
- If for any reason a patron is not satisfied that their complaint has been resolved, it can be escalated to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This will send an email to a queue in RightNow, which will be monitored daily.
- Our Customer Support team will review the complaint and after discussing with the appropriate internal parties, will respond to the email address that we have on file.
- We will provide the original complaint email from the customer, details of all correspondence with the Customer Support team, details of the steps we have taken to try and resolve the complaint, details of any supporting documentation, and details of why we have made our final decision.
16. CUSTOMER DEPOSITS
A patron’s Internet gaming account may be funded using:
- Credit Card (WorldPay via Paysafe Gateway)
- Debit Card (WorldPay via Paysafe Gateway)
- ACH/e-check (GlobalPay via Paysafe Gateway)
- William Hill Prepaid Play+ Card (Sightline)
- Online Banking offered with PayWithMyBank
- Any other methods approved by the Board and integrated by William Hill
17. STRUCTURING/AML STANDARDS
The structuring of wagers to circumvent federal currency transaction reporting thresholds is strictly prohibited. Additionally, all wagers are subject to the federal AML reporting requirements, including the filing of currency transaction reports and suspicious activity reports.
A Full Cover bet is a package of wagers that contains all possible multi-bet options based upon the given number of selections. These bets give you more options to win even if one or more of your straight bets lose.
Example: if you have 3 selections in your bet slip (Patriots, Eagles, and Falcons), then the Full Cover bet will consist of 3 straight bets, 3 round robins by 2’s (Patriots + Eagles, Patriots + Falcons, and Eagles + Falcons) and 1 three-team parlay. If the Eagles lose but Patriots and Falcons both win, your Patriots + Falcons round robin is a winner along with your 2 straight bets, but the other two round robins and the three-team parlay are losers.
For each Full Cover bet, the amount wagered is multiplied by the number of available options.
Full cover with 3 selections
- 3 X straight bets
- 3 X round robins by 2
- 1 X 3 team parlay
- 7 bets total
Full cover with 4 selections
- 4 X straight bets
- 6 X round robins by 2
- 4 X round robins by 3
- 1 X 4 team parlay
- 15 bets total
Full cover with 5 selections
- 5 X straight bets
- 10 X round robins by 2
- 10 X round robins by 3
- 5 X round robins by 4
- 1 X 5 team parlay
- 31 bets total
Full cover with 6 selections
- 6 X straight bets
- 15 X round robins by 2
- 20 X round robins by 3
- 15 X round robins by 4
- 6 X round robins by 5
- 1 X 6 team parlay
- 63 bets total