This document was created to inform customers of the perils associated with compulsive gambling and serve as a means of prevention to those who have problem gambling tendencies.
Please take a moment to read through this information, as it will not only help you avoid excesses, but provide you with the means to maximize your enjoyment while gaming responsibly.
What is problem gambling?
Like many other addictions, compulsive betting is rooted in an uncontrollable urge and obsession, which if left unchecked, can lead to (among other things) financial hardship.
Unfortunately, one of the most common symptoms of this disease is deception; problem gamblers will go to great lengths to hide the problem, not just from others, but also from themselves. As a result, detection can come late after adverse consequences are revealed and with dire consequences.
A negative vicious cycle often develops, wherein the gambler seeks relief or even a solution through increased gambling. The ensuing financial and emotional deterioration affects every aspect of a bettor's life from family and friends to business colleagues and associates.
Compulsive gambling is a disease that does not discriminate. Anyone is susceptible regardless of gender, age, race, or financial status. Fortunately, once detected, it is an addiction that can be successfully treated.
The warning signs:
- Sacrificing time from work or family in order to gamble
- Repeated inability to stop or control betting
- Borrowing money to gamble or to pay off previous bets
- Use of gambling as an emotional escape
- Self-neglect or neglect of family due to gambling
- Lying about time or money lost to betting
- Gambling more in order to recoup previous losses ("chasing")
- Obtaining money for gambling by selling/pawning personal property
- Feelings of hopelessness, depression or suicide
The Council of Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey:
The Council of Compulsive Gambling has been helping those affected by obsessive gambling since 1983. They are committed to providing professional and compassionate service to a wide range of audiences.The Council offers prevention, education, and referral services to all interested parties.
Help is just a phone call away:
If you or someone you know is experiencing the addiction of compulsive gambling, it's important to remember that intervention and treatment are readily available.
The Problem Gambler's Hotline is a confidential service open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and is staffed by trained professionals who understand the nature of the disease and are committed to helping those in need.
Just pick up the phone and dial 1-800-GAMBLER or, log on to 800gambler.org
Too much of anything can be bad for you, so we encourage all of our players to know their limits as we know ours. Review the rest of this information to find out more about how we’re creating a fair and Responsible Gaming environment for everyone to enjoy.
Caesars Sportsbook aims to provide a safe and innovative gaming platform. With our fair and responsible product line-up, every user can play within their financial means and receive the best service possible. We are committed to integrity, fairness and reliability and we always do our best to prevent gaming-related problems.
We have developed measures that ensure a responsible, safe and reliable place for online gaming.
1. Real Fairness
It is our responsibility to create a gaming environment that is founded on the spirit of fair play. The trust of our customers is fundamental to our success. Customer confidence is reliant on us safeguarding the fairness of the games and protecting our customers against fraud. We monitor the fairness of the gaming products we offer. When it comes to fraud and manipulation, our investigations and monitoring teams ensure your protection.
2. Real Security
Caesars Sportsbook is subject to strict regulatory oversight and we comply with a wide range of laws, rules, standards and regulations throughout various jurisdictions. Regular verification of compliance by means of independent reviews confirms that your deposits are kept safe in segregated accounts and that your personal data is protected.
3. Real Prevention
Gaming is a great source of entertainment for millions of people around the world. But, for a minority, gaming can cause problems. We are committed to identifying risks as early as possible and intervening to prevent these problems before they emerge. We have in place a Responsible Gaming framework which includes controls to help customers to play within their limits and avoid a situation where gaming causes problems.
Protection of minors
Caesars Sportsbook excludes minors (persons under the age of 21) from gaming, so we will always ask for proof of age during the registration process. We also begin an automatic identification process immediately after registration, which can require a copy of a picture ID document upon deposit or withdrawal. We take our responsibility for preventing minors from playing with us seriously and to offer the best-possible protection of minors, we require the shared responsibility of parents.
If you or someone you know has a gambling problem and wants help, call 1-800-GAMBLER.
FEDERAL PROHIBITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS REGARDING INTERNET GAMING
Underage gambling is a criminal offense and any person under the age of 21 who engages in online wagering and any person who facilitates or enables someone under the age of 21 to gamble has committed a criminal offense and is subject to criminal prosecution and shall be prohibited from Internet gaming.
Federal prohibitions and restrictions regarding internet gaming apply, specifically any limitations upon Internet gaming as set forth in 18 U.S.C. §§1084 et seq. (The Wire Act) and 31 U.S.C. §§ 5361 through 5367 (UIGEA). It is a Federal offense for persons physically located outside of New Jersey to engage in Internet wagering through a New Jersey casino, unless explicitly authorized by the Division of Gaming Enforcement.
Caesars Sportsbook meets strict security industry standards with multiple firewall layers, denial of service mitigation systems, role-based user access controls to sensitive data, the latest in anti-virus and anti-malware software, and secure socket layer encryption on all internet connectivity.
Your email address and password created on account registration should not be shared with anyone. As an approved player, you are explicitly prohibited from allowing others access to your account. You are solely responsible for the security of your email address and password, and all activities that occur under your account.
If you suspect someone has gained unauthorized access to your account, notify us by email at email@example.com.
You too can help us to further increase the safety of your account:
- You are responsible for the safety of your personal computer and mobile device! Configure your auto-lock features to protect them from unauthorized use.
- Please always keep your access details safe (user ID, password and your question and answer combination).
- Don't share your gaming account credentials, your credit card or bank account details.
- Don't leave the computer unattended when you are logged in.
- Do not use the 'Save password' option on log-in screens.
- Create separate profiles for everyone who uses your devices, so that nobody else can access your information.
Change your password regularly. By default, you receive an email notification when your account is being accessed. If you cannot remember having accessed your account at the specified date and time, change your password immediately. You will receive an email that your account is locked after three (3) incorrect entries. You can change your password by navigating to ‘My Account’ and clicking on your name to see further account details. In here you will see the option to click ‘Change Password’.
For an additional level of safety, you can enable Strong Authentication if you enable two-factor authentication in the security settings area of your account after registration. Every time you try to access your account, a one-time password is sent to your registered cell phone. This one-time password is needed in addition to your normal password to gain access. You can enable Strong Authentication from ‘My Account’ and selecting ‘Security Settings’.
If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it by clicking ‘Forgotten Password?’ from the Log In screen and following instructions.
To view a detailed account history, from ‘My Account’ select the ‘Account History’ link. For assistance in obtaining your account history, you may contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at (855) 474-0606.
Terms of Service
You can view the current version of our General Terms of Service, to which you have agreed here.
Stage 1 - You can contact Us at any time to register a complaint, and our friendly staff will be happy to try and resolve the situation for you. You can contact Us via phone, email or live chat at email@example.com or (855) 474-0606.
Please note that it can take up to 72 hours for us to respond to your complaint.
Stage 2 – If you are not satisfied that your complaint has been resolved, you can escalate by contacting Caesars Sportsbook’s Customer Support Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Your email should have the following information included:
- First and last name
- Description of the what has happened and details of any communication with the Customer Support team
- Your contact details
We will review your complaint and respond to the email address that we have on file within five calendar days, to let you know our final response.
If you are not satisfied with our final response, you can contact the Complaints Manager or the Managing Director’s Office of the Division of Gaming Enforcement.
You may contact the Division of Gaming Enforcement by calling (609) 984-0909.
Player Protection and Self-Help
Most people play for the entertainment, which means gaming to a responsible extent and within their financial means. But, for a small percentage, games of chance are not a form of entertainment – they area problem which must be taken seriously.
What is pathological gambling?
Pathological gambling has been listed as a recognized psychological disorder in the international classification systems DSM-IV and ICD-10 since 1980. It is defined as persistent, recurring and often increasing gambling despite negative personal and social consequences such as debt, breakdown of social relations and impairment of professional development.
When should behavior be considered problematic?
We would like to stress that diagnoses relating to clinical disorders can only be made by trained specialists. This page offers information which will allow you to quickly assess and consider your own behavior. If you can identify with four or more of the following characteristics, we recommend that you speak to a professional:
- Are you highly involved in gaming?
- Do your thoughts constantly turn to gaming?
- Are you are constantly increasing your stakes?
- Even beyond your financial means?
- Have you unsuccessfully attempted to quit or cut down your gaming?
- Do you become irritated and frustrated after attempting to reduce the extent of your gaming?
- Does gaming serve as a means of getting away from problems or unpleasant feelings?
- Have you ever tried to win back losses by taking risks you usually would not take?
- Have ever you lied about the extent or success of your gaming?
- Has your gaming ever led to a negative impact on your relationships or your job?
- Have you ever been forced to rely on others to finance your gaming?
Are you at risk?
Try the brief self-assessment developed by the DOA to find out whether you are at risk of developing gaming-related problems. All your answers are completely anonymous and not retained by Caesars Sportsbook.
Self-control and self-protection
Caesars Sportsbook have created tools to support Responsible Gaming and actively encourages its players to use them. All requests for Responsible Gaming measures are taken very seriously by us and are always valid for the agreed period.
Caesars Sportsbook provides players several limit options to enjoy their gaming experiences responsibly.
–Each of the following responsible gaming options are available for players and players can use as many of the available options as they choose -
Deposit Limit – Set the maximum deposit limit for a selected time frame: Daily, Weekly, or Monthly.
Spend Limit – Set the maximum spend (bet) limit for a selected time frame: Daily, Weekly, or Monthly.
Daily Time Limit – Set the maximum time (measured in hours) that a player may spend playing on an Internet gaming system. Time is measured from a player’s log in to log off.
Cool Off Time Limit -Select if the player wishes to take a break from his or her account for 3 to 30 days.
The responsible gaming limits timeframes:
1. The Daily limit is set as a recurring daily limit, effective for 24 hours from midnight to midnight each day.
2. The Weekly limit is set as a recurring weekly limit, effective from Monday at midnight, as the first day of the current week, until the next Monday at midnight, and weekly thereafter.
3. The Monthly limit is set as a recurring monthly limit, effective from midnight of the first calendar day of this month until midnight of the last calendar day of this month, and monthly thereafter.
Please note that once a limit is set you may decrease it (make It more restrictive) at any time with immediate effect, but there will be a waiting period until the end of the existing limit period to increase any limits (make them less restrictive).
Any activity within a daily, weekly, or monthly limit period, including activity that occurred before a limit is set, is included when calculating deposit, spend, or daily time limits.
Caesars Sportsbook customers can temporarily suspend their account or self-exclude from further gaming if they have developed gambling-related problems or feel at risk of developing gambling-related problems. You can temporarily suspend your account for any period from 3 to 30 days. Self-exclusion will ban you from any New Jersey licensed Internet gaming for a duration of 1 or 5 years and cannot be revoked. Any person requesting temporary suspension or placement on the Internet self-exclusion list shall submit his or her request through their Internet gaming account. Once your account is created, log in and go to My Account and select the “Responsible Gaming” option. A permanent self-exclusion can only be filed in person at the offices of the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement.
If you want to take a break or stop playing at one or more products for any other reasons than the prevention of gambling-related problems, we also offer a service closure option available through our Customer Service team at email@example.com or (855) 474-0606.
By observing the following rules, you will be able to enjoy your gaming without misgivings:
- Gaming is just for fun, not a way of earning money.
- Only play when you are relaxed and concentrated.
- Take regular breaks.
- Keep track of your gambling. Consult the overview of your gaming transactions in your account.
- Decide your monthly gaming stake in advance. Only gamble what you can afford to lose.
- Independently of our standard deposit limits, you may set a lower amount as your own personal limit.
- Do not increase the maximum limit which you have decided for yourself later.
- Before you start playing, decide the winning amount at which you will end the game.
- Decide beforehand how high your losses can be.
- Never play under the influence of alcohol or medication.
- Never play if you are feeling depressed.
The following are myths associated with gambling you should understand.
- If I play multiple games at a time, I'll increase my chances of winning.
- My luck will change if I keep gambling and I'm sure I'll win my money back.
- I have a special strategy that helps me win.
- I am due for a win.
- I have a gut feeling that today is my lucky day.
There are a number of institutions that offer professional assistance:
Council on Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey
National Council on Problem Gambling